Tuesday, November 3, 2009

'Tis the season!

Everyone knows how much Patrick loves to bake. Well this year we have taken it to a whole new level. He wanted to try and make pumpkin cheesecake with real pumpkin. So, of course, I was left to figure out how to do that. I found a website all about pumpkins, read a little and then just improvised a little and tried my own thing. After a few duds I got it right and he made his first cheesecake out of real pumpkin. We took a bit at the same time and just stood there. It was the best pumpkin cheesecake I've ever had! Last year he made one with the store bought stuff but this didn't even compare. Earlier this week a friend of mine asked if we wanted their left over 4 large pumpkins. I said sure, thinking we could do the seeds and use the meat for cheesecake and pie. Well, today we gutted, cooked, pureed and canned them. We ended up with about 30 16oz containers of puree. I'm so excited to be able to share the cheesecake with everyone! We called some friends and family members to try the first one and he'll be making more for others to sample. If you want one for the holidays or just to eat, let us know. He is selling them for $15.

4 comments:

Alyssa Phair said...

4 pumpkins made 30 cans?! I wanted to do that but I'm afraid I've missed my chance to get pumpkins :( Sounds delicious though! Good job, and great idea selling them!
-Alyssa

Michelle said...

Way to go with the cheesecake! Sounds yummy!

The Hunter Family said...

I had some of the cheesecake that my parents purchased - it is amazing!! We can't wait to get our for Thanksgiving!

nanadover said...

GOOD STUFF PATRICK!
Thanks, Mettina, for posting it so we could order! You will probably be hearing from us again.
...oh...and to the rest of you in cyber space...
wink wink...don't bother ordering!
I don't think you would like it at all! Besides...I don't want them to run out of pumpkin for me!