Monday, January 12, 2009

We're having a paperclip!


For those of you who haven't heard yet we are expecting our 3rd sometime in August. The due date is the 9th but who knows. When I told the girls they were so cute. This is how it went:

Mom ~ you guys are going to have a new baby!
Nellie ~ Mom, I'm going to take good care of you. Hey! Do we have any diapers?
Mom ~ No honey! The baby won't be here until it gets sunny and hot outside.
Nellie ~ But mom, it is sunny today!
Mom ~ My tummy has to get really big and the baby has to grow before it can come out.
Nellie ~ So no punching it?
Mom ~ NO!
Samantha ~ And to kicking it? ( with kicking action )
Mom ~ NO!
Samantha ~ Mom, we have to get some bottles!
Nellie ~ And grandma Susan just brought the crib back so we need to set it up!
Mom ~ Girls!!! The baby isn't coming for a long time, it's ok. We'll do all that later.

I gave up after that and we went on with the day. I took the girls to school and when I picked them up and got Nellie in her seat and then went to the other side to help Samantha. She was standing there looking very sad, this is how it went:

Mom ~ Samantha, what's wrong?
(nothing)
Mom ~ Did you have a bad day at school?
( head shake, no )
Mom ~ Then what's wrong?
(Samantha getting a little teary)
Samantha ~ I want to hold the baby! (crying)

All I could do was laugh! She was so cute. I didn't even know what to say. I reassured her that when the baby comes she will get to hold it a lot.

The whole thing has been very funny. All they do now is pretend like they have babies in their tummies and think of names to call it. Nellie is sure it is a baby sister, although Patrick says it's a boy. We'll find out in a couple of months. That's all for now. I'll keep everyone posted when there is more.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO~!!! The news is out!!! I'm SO excited; and your girls are SO cute! Love them! BTW...your brother Kyle is in my 630am spanish class! Talk about random!

Davenports said...

YAY!!!! Hopefully you don't get too sick. Can't wait to see what you're having.

Alyssa Phair said...

Woohoo! Congrats!!
-Alyssa

Get Bent said...

OH MY GOSH-- Your girls are soooo adorable! How cute are they??

Eliza said...

SWEET! Hip Hip HOORAY!

I loved the dialogue with the girls.. and Samantha? Precious!

Let's plan a play date, call me sometime.

Jenelle said...

YIPPEEEE! Congrats and good luck! Hope everything goes great!