Monday, March 21, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Party :)

Part of my "lovely" decorations




The other part of the "lovely" decorations...and Patrick :)

Had to make everything high enough so Owen wouldn't take it all down

I think they made this one just for him!!

Sporting his new, green, glasses

We have some very talented, awesome friends!! This cake was made by one of them! Thanks so much!
The inside

One of the 3 breakfast club guys

Casey and the balloons

FRIENDS!

So here is the story:
Patrick works 10-12 hour day 5-6 days a week.  Planning something for his 30th was VERY difficult!  I convinced him to get his actually birthday off so that he and I could do something.  We did get to go out to lunch and spend some time together.  He thought that we were just doing that and then having a couple over for games later.  We had dinner at my parents' house when I "forgot" my wallet.  So around 7:15 my mom calls and said that I left my wallet and that dad needed help moving something.  Patrick said sure he would go.  Right when he left I/we got to work!  I had told everyone ahead of time what the plan was and to be there at a specific time.  They were all GREAT at getting the timing right too!  15 min later he came in like this.  Totally surprised and mad that he was carrying all this stuff...lol.  Thanks to all our friend who made this possible!  It was a blast!

The Breakfast Club

Evil Patrick

Beautiful green cake with lots of green food coloring!!




MORE FRIENDS!

EVEN MORE FRIENDS!


Patrick said to me later that night after everyone left that he didn't know how he was going to top that next year for my 30th. He says he's not that creative and can't keep secrets.  So now you all know and maybe someone can help him next year...not that I really want anything anyway ;)

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Awesome Job Mettina! Sounds like he loved it! Did you make that cake?!

The Cole Family said...

No, our friend Corina did. Thanks :)

Halsey said...

tHat looks like so much fun!